On the event of the 2020 World Well being Summit and the 75th anniversary of the United Nations, a brand new e-book has been launched calling on world leaders and politicians to unite of their response to the COVID-19 pandemic and different threats to well being and the worldwide financial system.
Well being: a political selection: act now, collectively is the newest in a sequence of titles revealed by International governance mission in collaboration with WHO.
This yr’s version options one other prestigious listing of authors, together with Amina J Mohammed, UN Underneath-Secretary-Common, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director-Common, and South African President Cyril Ramaphosa. With a name for coordinated motion in response to COVID-19 and different pressing health-related points, the publication focuses on 5 key areas:
- Inclusive financial system, outlined by a brand new social contract and the seek for progress for all
- The basic necessities for a wholesome life and equitable healthcare
- Equitable investments and methods to make common well being protection a actuality
- Well being within the digital age and the way expertise may help reshape the human rights agenda
- The long-term prospects for international well being
Dr Tedros, WHO Director-Common, mentioned: “It has by no means been clearer that well being is a political and financial possibility. Previously 20 years, nations have invested closely in getting ready for terrorist assaults, however comparatively little in getting ready for a virus assault, which, because the COVID-19 pandemic has proven, could be way more lethal, disruptive and expensive. “.
The primary e-book within the sequence Well being: a political selection. Providing common well being protection 2030 was launched in 2019.